CTL Pedagogy conference and speaker grant (Winter 2020)
Center for Teaching and Learning
See maximum funding amount and funding details below
Academic Council Faculty
Applications closed on February 24, 2020
CTL offers Conference and Speaker grants of up to $1000 for graduate students, post-docs, faculty, or lecturers to attend conferences or invite guest speakers to Stanford who focus on teaching and learning. Deadline: Feb 24th, 2020.
Applications may fall into one of two categories:
1. Attend a teaching and learning-focused conference: Share pedagogical innovations that Stanford has launched and learn from a larger educational community about pedagogical innovations that may be relevant to the Stanford community. Priority will be given to applicants who are presenting about teaching and learning at the conference.
2. Bring pedagogy experts to campus: to provide training and guidance for our instructors and students in teaching and learning in their field or in general.
*Note that this grant is designed to fund travel to conferences that and visits from speakers who focus specifically on teaching and learning practices. Requests to fund travel to other types of conferences or guest speakers for other content will be denied.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following:
1) Teaching and learning focus -
For conferences: Does the conference focus specifically on teaching and learning? What aspects of teaching and learning are you planning to learn from this conference?
For invited pedagogy experts: Will the visitor be speaking specifically about teaching and learning? What aspects of teaching and learning will this expert address?
2) Plan for implementation - How do you plan to implement what you have learned from the conference or speaker at Stanford? Is there a course, program, or student population that you plan to target? How will you assess the impact of your implementation?
3) Impact on the wider Stanford community -
For conferences: How will you share what you have learned at this conference with others at Stanford? How will attending this conference inform other teaching and learning activities in your department/program or beyond?
For invited pedagogy experts: Who is the target audience? What groups will be invited to meet the speaker? What format will the talk/meeting take?
Who Can Apply
Departments, Programs, Instructional Teams, Individual Faculty and Lecturers, Postdocs, Graduate Students
Upon completion of the project, you will be asked to submit a report to let us know how you and your department benefited from the grant, or what insights might be relevant to the wider teaching community at Stanford. Applicants must describe how they plan to share what they have learned, materials developed, resources acquired, etc. with the Stanford community.
The deadline for the Winter 2020 quarter is Monday, Feb 24th, 2020.